Distribution Control Systems Engineer (DCS)
Distribution Control Systems Engineer(DCS)
All systems are go with this opportunity, don’t miss out!
Are you a highly driven Distribution Control Systems Engineer with a strong track record within the Oil and Gas industry? If so, read on if you would welcome the opportunity to utilise your expertise working autonomously, whilst being part of a team of experienced professionals within a company that invests significantly into its employees.
Who will I be working with?
Yokogawa's global network of 113 companies spans 60 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.7 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food.
Yokogawa has a wealth of experience in every part of the oil and gas business, providing solutions that enhance safety, ensure accurate and reliable operation, and increase plant efficiency. Continuous improvement is a key principle at Yokogawa and the business goal is for sustainable growth, satisfied customers and personal development of employees.
So, what will the role of Distribution Control Systems Engineer(DCS) entail?
Reporting to the IA Team Leader, as a Distributed Control Systems Engineer you will provide first class support whilst being the technical focal point from hand over by sales to project closing. For each project your remit will include:
- Initiating the system design, planning the project and completing detailed design and configuration
- Providing technical specification to procurement and supervising suppliers
- Conducting internal testing, executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test
- Taking responsibility for the transition to site and managing site installation
- Conducting Site Acceptance Test and ensuring system is handed over efficiently, completing all necessary documents and formalising project closures
What will I need to be considered for this Distribution Control Systems Engineer(DCS) vacancy?
- Experience in a similar Systems Engineer role within the oil and gas / petrochemical industry
- Minimum HNC qualification in an engineering or process related subject
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and Health and Safety at Work Act
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- Full UK driving licence
Applicants with Offshore certificates are highly desired, however full training can be provided. Experience with Functional Safety including IEC61508/IEC61511 is also advantageous, although not essential.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Plus overtime and time off in lieu where relevant.
Attractive Benefits: Company car, pension with company contribution up to 12.5% dependent upon criteria, private medical insurance and healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Based at the offices in Aberdeen. However, there will be travel to customer sites in the UK, offshore and overseas as required for each project.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Distribution Control Systems Engineer (DCS) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Yokogawa. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Yokogawa, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77802014