Employee Services Coach
Employee Services Coach
The role is to provide support to the Employee Services team, coaching coordinators in the delivery of core activities, managing change and operational projects and to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
- Counsel and coach team members, providing advice and motivation to meet personal and professional goals. Managing performance issues in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Coach all Employee Services team members, especially through new initiatives or areas of team development. Develop and organise training/knowledge sessions to meet development needs.
- Support team with queries relating to all processes and demonstrate subject matter expertise in lead processes.
- Support team operationally during periods of increased activity and/or reduced resource.
- Promote effective communication within the team developing interventions to engage and motivate them.
- Auditing of team members work including checks on salary changes and analysing training needs.
- Attend/chair team meetings and to use this forum to provide key updates.
- Lead on the MI pack, ensuring KPI stats reflect team performance accurately. Manage referrals from EY Help HR to ensure timely and accurate closure and learning experience is embedded.
- Manage the upkeep of the key operational documents including but not limited to: team meeting planner, annual planner and payroll incident log.
- Contribute to and lead projects both within Employee Services and within the wider TSS.
To qualify for the role you must have
- HR professional experience (ideally gained in a large corporate organisation) with knowledge of employment law and HR processes.
- Experience of leading process improvements in a demanding, quality driven, professional business
- Competence in the coaching concept and the ability to deliver constructive feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills for customer liaison and the ability to establish and build strong working relationships
- High attention to detail
- Able to work with high volume of enquiries
- Well organised, with the capacity to manage a diverse workload
- Understanding of shared service centre operating model and Employee Services processes
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77797814