Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Shift: Double Days (early finish on Fridays)
A World famous leading Birmingham manufacturer requires a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our client whoarea large Global business based in Tamworth.
They have 10 globally sites Producing 7 Leading brands. The company have invested millions of pounds in a new state of the art machinery as they continue to increase output. Due to the growth of the business, they are looking to recruit a new member to join the maintenance department. The suitable candidate will receive continuous training and further progression opportunities.
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
Working on various equipment such, conveyors, mixers, robotics, extrusion machines, powder plant equipment, hydraulic equipment and many more.
- Reducing equipment breakdown duration and reduce the frequency of breakdowns (mean time between failures).
- Fault finding mechanically on Conveyors, pneumatic, hydraulic, pumps, valves. The majority cases you will be replacing components like for like.
- Fault finding electrically with a multimeter and reading electrical schematics. They will also be responsible for the sites preventative maintenance and responding to ad hoc requests for repairs whilst on shift.
- Fault finding experience through to input and outputs with a PLC or Fault finding on laptop/tablet via a PLC would be an essential.
o Performs all maintenance work including repairs on all equipment and machinery as required, including backup to assembly line programs, creating and modifying a line program and die wiring.
o Ensure that all associated lighting and power are in proper working order and meet all codes and company procedures.
o Perform routine testing of all plant equipment.
o Responsible for completion of necessary paperwork.
o Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement suggestions.
o Ordering parts and following the parts received procedure.
o Performing routine preventive maintenance as required.
o Responsible for maintaining a clean tidy and organized work area.
o Participate in continuous improvement program.
o Work in a safe manner at all times.
o Perform other duties as assigned
o Ability to read, write and speak English.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will expect
- Salary - £30500 - £30,500 Basic OTE 35k
- Company pension plan available.
- Continuous progression opportunities and training available.
- Our client will offer training/development and possible progression for the right candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77794812