Early Years Practitioner
Early Years Practitioner Level 3 - Feltham TW13
This is a permanent position in a nursery
Our client's friendly nursery is looking for a Level 3 qualified practitioner with a good sound knowledge of working with young children. Looking for a special, bubbly, and energetic practitioner who is willing to put in that extra attention to detail and their own initiative to into their work
The Position is term time (38 weeks per year) Monday to Friday 8-4.30 (with 4.59 weeks of paid holiday on top of the basic salary)
Purpose of Post
- To provide a high standard of physical and emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- To give support to other staff, students, and volunteers within the setting
- To implement the daily routine in the room, making effective use of visual aids and prompts to support all children
- To work alongside and support colleagues, working collaboratively with the Setting Manager and other senior practitioners
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your setting and key group in conjunction with other staff
- To plan, prepare and review the curriculum with the team in your room reflective of the EYFS
- To keep an accurate and detailed record of achievement file on your key children, which can be viewed by parents and are to the expected standard to be used in parent meetings
- Work with parents of children who have Special Educational Needs in order to give full integration in the setting
- Support all staff and engage in a good team
- To follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set out by the organisation and locally by the setting
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the organisation. Be prepared to help where needed including to undertake certain domestic duties within the setting, e.g. Preparation of snacks, light cleaning duties, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the deputy and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Recording accidents accurately in the accident book. Ensuring the Setting Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the nursery as a 'whole' where can your help be utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of all the children
- To adhere fully to all safeguarding policies and procedures
- To respect confidentiality of information received and maintain confidentiality unless in line with policy
- To develop your role within the team especially as a key person
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Experience of working within a nursery setting.
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ Childcare.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Able to promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff, and visitors.
- To provide leadership in the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage to other practitioners within the setting.
- Able to frequent observe, monitor, and track children's progress.
- A clear understanding of Ofsted's requirements and current legislation.
Must be willing to undergo an enhanced level DBS check if they are not already registered with the automatic update service
Salary: £14,560 - £16,640 (pro-rata to 38 weeks term time work)
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321 and quote AC1568, asking for Lucy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77789510