Front End Developer/Designer
Vitality, Front End Developer/Designer, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our Front End Developer/Designer will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Front End Developer/Designer you will initially report into the Head of Digital Delivery. We are seeking a Front-End-Developer/Designer with proven commercial design experience to bridge the gap between our Digital Product UX team and DevOps developers, to deliver engaging and scalable web experiences, and to help Vitality deliver our ambitious Digital programme.
Vitality is at an exciting time in its growth and this is an opportunity for a Front-End developer to deliver innovative journeys that works closely with all aspects of the business and CIO function. This will involve close working with digital product team, development team and external development partners, agencies and 3rd party solution providers.
Responsibilities as our Front End Developer/Designer include:
- Develop new user journeys and components, for desktop and mobile devices
- Ownership and management of existing boilerplate/template library, ensuring that corporate branding is maintained
- Optimise applications for speed and usability
- Ensuring that applications/components are reusable and accessible across a wide variety of devices used by internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal digital team(s) within the different business functions and 3rd party agencies
To become our Front End Developer/Designer, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Must be comfortable acting as a technical authority within internal digital team(s)
- Responsive web design
- CSS and CSS pre-processing platforms such as SASS
- Front End Frameworks such as Angular JS
- Image authoring skills such as Photoshop
- A good eye for design
- Must have an online portfolio
- Experience in using version control tools such as Git
- Experience in Agile tools such as Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- Browser and device compatibility and testing
- Understanding of agile methods and DevOps
- Appreciation of UX design
- Accessibility and usability standards
- Awareness of changes in supported devices and browsers, and emerging technology
- Great team player
- Passionate communicator
- Design Ownership
Working for Vitality as a Front End Developer/Designer, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Front End Developer/Designer, please click ‘apply’ today.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77791593