Do you have good IT, communication and numeracy skills? Do you have a keen eye for detail, whilst having the ability to meet difficult and conflicting deadlines? And most importantly, do you want to make a difference and join our mission to end extreme poverty for good?
If so, our new Accounts Officer position could be the role for you!
In this integral role, you will be required to process transactions, handle a variety of queries and resolve problems, as well as supervising a team of our brilliant volunteers!
You will be joining our fast-paced and dedicated Expenditure Team which is made up of 7 staff on site in our Newcastle Finance Office with circa 25 volunteers per day across two teams. The team?s purpose is to complete all accounting work promptly, cost-effectively, accurately and to a high standard, meeting user needs.
What you?ll need:
- Accounting experience and knowledge
- To be numerate, with the ability to work to a high standard of accuracy
- Good team player and team building capabilities
- Good organisational and planning skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Good IT skills, especially the use of spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills
What?s in it for you?
Oxfam aims to recruit and retain diverse, passionate people who have the necessary skills, knowledge and commitment to meet our mission. In order to achieve this, we offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits. Take a look at our Oxfam's Promise attachment for more details.
Does this sound like you? If so, please click on the ?Apply For This Role? link provided.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959611638