Head of Membership
ACEVO is looking for a dynamic, experienced membership professional to head up our membership team to engage and grow our network of civil society CEOs and senior leaders.
We believe great leaders make the biggest difference. As the Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations, our members head up the small, community based groups, ambitious medium-sized organisations, and well known, well-loved national and international not-for-profits which are all changing the world for the better. We’re here to empower and inspire them in their work.
You will lead our membership team to support our members and bring more charity and social enterprise leaders into ACEVO. But your role is about much more than recruitment and retention – you’ll help us develop better member communications, engage with members directly at regional events, and work with the rest of the ACEVO team to as we digitise and develop our offer. You’ll report to our CEO and be an active part of our senior management team, helping to shape and deliver the future of our network.
This is a full time role, but we will consider flexible working arrangements which can be discussed at interview.
You will be
- A whizz at developing and delivering an effective membership recruitment and retention strategy
- A customer service champion
- A motivating and supporting manager of your four direct reports
- A valued and active member of our senior management team, focused on driving ACEVO forward in its mission to support our members
- Empathetic and understanding of the third sector and the challenges and opportunities sector leaders face
- Great at all the essential stuff like written and verbal communications, budgeting and forecasting and time management
- Able to demonstrate our brand values of being member-driven, connected, forward-thinking and vibrant
In return, you’ll join our small but lively team at our offices in London’s Kings Cross, with a salary of £40k, 25 days’ holiday a year and generous pension benefits.
You’ll find a full job description and personal specification on our website via the button below. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 8 December.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Thursday 14 December and invited to an interview in our Kings Cross office on Friday 5 January. Interviewees will be asked to prepare a short presentation as part of the interview process.