Specialist Design and Manufacturer of industrial products
Highly attractive basic salary, bonus and benefits package
A leading global manufacturer of premium containment solutions suitable for municipal, industrial, agricultural, mining and biofuel requirements, this business is recognised for world class engineering excellence, technical innovation and product quality. Operating internationally across all continents, the business operates via a large number of known and respected specialist distributors.
Privately owned, the business is committed to sustained growth and market expansion. In order to maximise current and future opportunities the business seeks to appoint a first-class Engineering Manager/Director. As part of the senior leadership team the successful candidate will strategically influence and steer the engineering function, leading the UK based design engineering team and report directly to the CEO.
- Reporting to the CEO this position will hold accountability for the strategic direction and development of the in-house design function – leading the highly specialist team and engaging and influencing the wider leadership team.
- Maintaining the business’s world-class reputation by driving innovation and continuous improvement, ensuring customers receive unrivalled and sector-leading technical support. Assuming ownership for engineering innovation and development.
- Lead the effective promotion of the business across the wider supply chain, networking and influencing industry bodies/Standards committees and promoting the brand and its engineering excellence at industry events as well as with new and existing distributors and end users.
- Demonstrably experienced and commercially minded Chartered Engineer. Proven leadership experience gained during a career leading high quality teams engaged in the design of manufactured products or within the Consulting Engineering sector.
- Engaging and determined leader with a naturally collaborative and tactful style. Possessing excellent management and influencing skills, capable of inspiring confidence in those around them both internally and externally.
- Results-oriented, with entrepreneurial flair and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service. Candidates will demonstrate the capability and passion to challenge the existing management team, driving the business to achieve year on year growth and to maximise every future business opportunity.