Intern - P&D (French Speaking)
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
The intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the International team:
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients. Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers; Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects; Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books; Preparing activity reports for clients; Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc; Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts; Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients; Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases; Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing;
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English;
- You must be fluent in French. Other foreign language skills are desirable, especially in Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and German;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs is essential;
- Experience of Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
Please email a CV & Covering Letter by clicking on the Apply button.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/77752918