Head of External Supplier Management
Head of External Supplier Management
As Barclays Head of External Supplier Management, you will be a senior member of the Barclays UK (BUK) Service Management function. You will have oversight and governance of services procured by BUK from external service providers, whether managed in BUK or by an internal outsourcing provider. You will help to support the BUK business owners, where required, to understand business requirements and work with external supplier managers or outsourcing providers to drive quality and efficiency within the delivery model.
The Barclays UK Service Management Function is responsible for supporting the BUK COO and BUK Business and Functional Heads in overseeing the services procured from internal service providers within Barclays Group (Service Company (ServCo) and Barclays Shared Service (BSS)) as well as external 3rd party supplier directly contracted by BUK. The team will define and operate the process for ongoing contracting of services; service performance management, risk and control and service cost management as well as be responsible for the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the service management processes.
As Head of External Supplier Management, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Managing a team
* Oversight and governance of external Supplier management - e.g. service performance review, risk and control, continuous improvement, quality assurance, escalations and incident management
* Acting as the primary point of contact for their services within BUK service management function
* Reviewing performance data of services received against agreements and identifying areas of improvement
* Supporting in identifying opportunities to align services across business units and functions for operational synergies
As Head of External Supplier Management, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Proven leadership ability, excellent stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to influence at senior executive level
* Strong written and verbal communications skills, with both internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent negotiation skills in order to tackle escalated issues with stakeholders of relevant internal and external service providers
* A strong commercial background, including a good understanding of sourcing and supplier management
* A sound understanding of the principles and application of supplier risk management
* An understanding of the legal and compliance requirements for interactions between legal entities within and outside the Barclays Group
* The ability to continuously identify and improve processes, constantly challenging the status quo
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process