Our clients are a highly successful and niche data services and solutions company working with some of the leading financial services organisations in London on large scale data transformations, business reengineering and data solutions.
We currently require a Data Architect in order to help us deliver a best in class data and information architecture, modelling and governance environment.
As such your role will be to develop data and information architecture strategies based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations; apply a structured architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key entities of the enterprise.
- The Data Architect has responsibility for all day to day data management processes as well as providing support / resources to help with the seamless adoption of new client data sources, external data sources and data projects, whilst ensuring the integrity of the existing data sources.
- Responsible for Data Management from the initial mapping through alignment and remediation through to the application of client standards to each resolved entity and its return to a client system.
- Leading a team of data analysts undertake data audits and ongoing maintenance of all master data sources ensuring common mapping, common set of cleans and ongoing remediation of potential, including failed to match records and addressing fragmentation issues as they arise.
- Ownership of data structures, supporting reconstruction to change, improving the processes and working with the Head of Solutions to assess impact of changes, adding new sources.
- Defining and implementing standards in terms of mapping source systems into the standard data models, the ongoing control and management of the mapping processes and working with colleagues to create appropriate tools and analytics to improve the efficiency of this process.
- Working with the Head of Solutions to define a data model for each entity type and ensure its application across all of the source data systems, MMDM and maintenance of an Entity Data Model dictionary.
- Planning, scheduling and resourcing the various project and BAU work-streams that are the responsibility of this group and working with the PMO to establish a work queue, timelines that can realistically achieved.
- Ensuring all data sources, existing and new are mapped, documented and available for analysis with an agreed SLA
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years experience as a Data Architect with experience gained within an MDM / EDM environment.
- Capability to model data using entity relationship modelling, class modelling, dimensional modelling and integration data modelling (service, APIs etc.).
- Confidence to present data solutions and influence key stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Working with the business and within the data team in defining the ‘problem domain’ ahead of defining the solution domain.
- Understanding of the data market, including contemporary MDM thinking but more importantly a thorough operational understanding of how to support large data architectures.
- Experience in architecture frameworks.
- An ability to articulate ideas across multiple stakeholders and to communicate with impact is essential.
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams of junior data analysts would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77789642