Software Developer / PHP Developer / HTML5
Job Title: Software Developer
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company helps their customers save energy, increase their capacity and reduce their risk from their installed networks. They do this by providing software analytics solutions for the built environment, including the power and renewables sectors.
Their central software application EkkoSoft, is a web based SaaS platform for the monitoring, management and analytics of environmental data such as power, weather and thermal. The Company create unique energy and environmental widgets that provide users with enhanced performance metrics to run their systems at optimal levels.
The Company has a small, positive, supportive development team responsible for all aspects of the software application. They offer a high level of flexibility. They have recently moved out of the initial product development phase, and are now moving into the international arena. They are excited about the opportunities that this brings, and are looking for the right enthusiastic, brilliant coder to integrate with their existing team.
Who are you?
- You care about developing the next industry beating feature whilst delivering reliable and performant software applications
- You like writing quality software and develop tests as a normal part of your day. You clearly articulate your ideas; both verbally and in written communication
- Your sensitivity to the user's need allows you to develop the right tool with the simplest interface
- You are a team player, who recognises that best is rarely one person's idea, so you are happy bouncing ideas around with the team to get to the best implementation as quickly as possible
- You're happy managing your own time whilst integrating with others, to ensure projects are delivered on time
What they need from you
In your first few months, they would need you to help strengthen their testing framework, which will allow them to implement continuous integration from then on. As they gain confidence in the code base, they will need you to help develop features working to maintain best practice; keeping the development agile, industry leading and exciting.
What they are looking for
You will feel that you are:
- Pleased to be a constructive member of a team
- Strong at creating unit tests, particularly in PHPUnit
- Capable of implementing and improving test plans
- Strong OO software design principles, ideally in PHP5
- Very capable of writing code in the MVC pattern, ideally in Zend framework
- Strong HTML5
- Good at using source code versioning, ideally in Git
- Happy working within an agile project management tool, ideally Jira
- Willing to learn from others
- Willing to suggest better practice to others
You might like to highlight any experience you have in:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environments
- Gerhkin, ideally in Selenium/Behat/mink
- Service worker
- Web components
They will ask you to undertake a straight forward code exercise that will take up to two hours. Your submission will form the basis of the technical section of the in person interview, assuming your code passes the test.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77722409