Security Engineer (Cisco) Firepower / IPS
I am recruiting for a leading IT company based in Manchester for a 2nd/3rd Line Security support Engineer (Cisco) Firepower / IPS
This is a permanent opportunity, which requires the successful cnadidate to be office based 5 days a week. There is an attarctive salary and package on offer.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support for all Cisco network and security customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Take the technical lead on any Firepower and IPS related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Design and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process
- Liaise with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security outside of Cisco technologies.
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, supporting the Technical Architect team where required.
- Assist with the onboarding of new Managed customers (both Greenfield and existing site solutions).
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during customer escalations
Additionally, you'll be required to take part in an on-call roster (one week in four)
Skills & Experience
Proven expertise in the set up and troubleshooting of:
- ASA/PIX firewall
- Cisco 5K 7K and 9K
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external).
- Well organised with the ability to be able to prioritise workload
- Cisco ACI
- Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools
- F5 (LTM/GTM)
- Checkpoint (R77.30/R80)
To apply for this position please send your CV to
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77792587