Director of Business Services/Outsourcing
This is an excellent opportunity for a Director level, or very experienced Senior Manager, with experience in managing and growing an outsourcing/business services function. The role sits within a well established accountancy firm with a great lively vibe, based in Central London.
You must be an experienced qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) and be confident in providing senior level advice to a portfolio of clients, managing the team and playing an active part in the department's business development strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role includes:-
(1) Business Development
- Delivering business development strategy
- Leading new client proposals and integrating new clients into the business
(2) Portfolio Management
- Provide complex financial and accountancy support to a portfolio of clients, particularly focusing on providing senior management advice to financial strategy, cashflow, basic tax, cloud accounting etc
- Proactive in identifying compliance and management account needs of clients
- Building strong relationships with clients and ensure that decisions are made with full disclosure
(3) Team Management/Development
- Managing team performance and ensuring deadlines are met, including oversight on planning, scheduling, and monitoring workloads
- Manage the development of all team members and ensure appropriateness of training and development to nurture their potential
- Act as subject matter expert and provide technical guidance when required
You must have solid working experience dealing with clients at the senior management level (Finance Director and above) either from an accountancy outsourcing/consultancy function, or managing a portfolio of your own clients. You must have sound technical knowledge and experience in cloud accounting solutions, management accounts, advising business owners and preparing detailed budgets and forecasts. Experience of working with SAP, Oracle, Xero, Sage and Quickbooks would be an advantage.