Enterprise Architect - Security
Enterprise Architect - Security
up to £70k + benefits
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect with an emphasis on security to join a major engineering company, working with a number of Business and IT leadership and subject matter experts to build a view of the organisational strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. Essentially determining the current and future Principals, Policies and Standards for each technology domain.
My client is a global Engineering company that has always been renowned for its innovative engineering. They provide high quality products & services to the Defence, Government, Financial & Professional and Infrastructure & Utilities sectors.
Below are some further details on the role. At the bottom of the page is where you can apply.
My client IT provides technology design, development and support services to My client, its subsidiaries and its customers across the globe
My client IT manages some 400 applications, 20 networks, 11 domains and around 500 firewalls; they design and advise on solutions which operate from around 100 additional networks operating in a dozen countries and at the highest government security classifications
The role of the EA is to take these Principals, Policies & Standards, ensure that the business and IT are in alignment, that the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organisation are linked to its IT strategy, these architectural models or views show how the current and future needs of an organisation will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner
EA operate across organisational and computing “silos” to drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. The goal is to deliver an architecture that supports the most efficient and secure IT environment that meets My client business needs.
The EA function provides the technical roadmaps and regulations that My client uses to manage its growth and provide services to its employees, subsidiaries and customers
This role is to deliver and maintain an EA strategy with the potential to allow both the business and the IT strategies to cohesively drive each other.
This is one of the key means to My client achieving competitive advantage through information technology
Experience & Qualifications
- Preferably Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Relevant domain level certification such as CCDP / CCIE, MCSE, OSCP, LPIC-3 etc. or equivalent providing evidence of advanced domain level knowledge and capabilities
- Extensive experience in managing the design of secure solutions in a complex IT environment
- Minimum of SC security clearance will be required, capability to achieve DV is desirable
- Ideally TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF or DODAF certified
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals
- Optimise information management through an increasing understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities
- Strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems and services
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Work with Solutions Architect(s) and Business Analysts to sponsor their designs and provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronisation with ever changing business needs.
- Risk Management of data, information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies, ensure policies are supportive of corporate direction, and reviewed annually to ensure relevance.
- Direct involvement in the development and governance of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through brown bag sessions, formal presentations and general Q&A opportunities
- Troubleshoot complex and intermittent problems to tight timeframes whilst under pressure
- Provide strategic consultation to My client and its subsidiaries projects and service development initiatives in defining or designing business processes and functions, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements
- Enterprise and business architecture development: Captures and prioritises market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, and preparing business cases. Leads the creation and review of a systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops enterprise-wide architecture and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organisation, ensuring the buy-in of all stakeholders. Develops and presents business cases, for high-level initiatives, for approval, funding and prioritisation. Ensures compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices
- Consultancy: Manages provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services. Engages with clients and maintains client relationships. Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement
- Information systems coordination: Maintains an awareness of the global needs of the organisation, and promotes the benefits that a common approach to IT deployment will bring to the business as a whole, among information systems and business management. Coordinates the promotion, development, acquisition and implementation of information systems and services in close liaison with those responsible for management and strategy
- Emerging technology monitoring: Co-ordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques. Evaluates likely relevance of these for the organisation. Provides regular briefings to staff and management
- Shapes strategic thinking: Understands the organisation’s objectives and aligns operational activities accordingly. Considers the ramifications of issues and longer-term impact of own work and work area.
- Achieves results: Values specialist expertise and capitalises on the expert knowledge and skills of others. Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes for the business unit.
- Cultivates productive working relationships: Involves people, encourages their contribution. Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues. Works collaboratively and operates as an effective team member.
- Exemplifies personal drive and integrity: Adopts a principled approach and adheres to My client values and Code of Conduct. Acts professionally at all times and operates within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy constraints. Operates as an effective representative of the organisation in public and internal forums.
- Communicates with influence: Seeks to understand the audience and tailors communication style and message accordingly. Listens carefully to others and checks to ensure their views have been understood. Checks own understanding of others’ comments and do not allow misunderstandings to linger.
Role: Enterprise Architect - Security
Salary: up to £70k + Benefits
Skills: SA, solution architect, enterprise architect, people manager, togaf, modaf, networking, ccdp, ccie, mcse, oscp, manager, technology, network, infrastructure, security architect
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a Permanent position