Agile Delivery Manager
Agile Delivery Manager
Up to £62,000 p/a + excellent benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
We believe that co-operatives are a better way of doing business for our members, customers and communities. By embracing the culture, practices and technologies of the digital age we're building new products and services that are grounded in co-operative values. By using agile principles and building services that respond to real user needs, we're transforming our business into an example of how digital innovation can change traditional organisations.
As an agile delivery manager you'll be bringing teams together to deliver products and services built around the needs of users. You'll help to build a collaborative culture and remove obstacles so your team can be 100% focused on delivering value. And you'll work alongside product managers, architects, researchers, developers and designers to create an environment where creativity and innovation can thrive.
You'll be joining a community of delivery managers who meet regularly to learn, grow and develop our skills together. The types of things we work on varies. You could be working with colleagues in stores by testing alpha ideas to make their lives easier, researching new business areas we could head to in the future, or supporting a team to build and launch a live service to colleagues up and down the country.
What you'll do:
- work closely with the product manager to help make their vision a reality
- build meaningful relationships with partners in the business that encourage engagement and alignment of expectations
- support colleagues in the transition from traditional to agile delivery practices
- champion the use of agile and lean tools to drive iterative continuous improvement
- coach, encourage and motivate your team to keep them happy, healthy and collaborating
To be successful as an agile delivery manager, you'll need agile delivery experience, and a track record supporting the development of digital services. Great people skills are essential, and we'll also need you to bring a genuine passion for continuous improvement. For an expert perspective on the role of an agile delivery manager, check out this blog post by Emily Webber.
What you'll bring:
- experience supporting the agile development and delivery of digital products and services
- an understanding of the tools and techniques that'll help us embed agile practices
- the ability to lead, motivate, facilitate and build multi-disciplinary teams
- great communication/people skills, with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- energy, inspiration, and a commitment to continuous improvement
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 27 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service), an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
You can find out more about what's going on right now in Co-op Digital and follow us on Twitter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77766681