Buyer - fashion & accessories (12 month contract)
Immediately available opportunity! This market leading retail focused business has a Buyer job opportunity for their fashion division. This business is well known within their market in trend led fashion & is an international business with global presence and over 1000 employees!
In this contract buying position you will be part of the buying team and work towards the critical path and have exposure of the whole buying cycle for the category.
Key Buyer responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver private label product ranges
- Achieve or exceed target margin and sales plans
- Work with the Merchandiser to develop the brand strategy
- Develop market positioning and benchmark the competition
- Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses
- FE sourcing trips for private label product development and negotiation twice per year
- Working with technical regarding packaging.
- Liaise with VM and Merchandising to deliver in store graphics and POS
- Manage Critical Path ensuring ranges/product offer is delivered at correct timings
To be successful you must have:
- Buyer or Junior Buying experience from a fashion, clothing, accessories or Jewllery background.
- Greater commercial awareness and demonstrates a clear knowledge of how potential trends and threats might impact the brand and business as a whole
- Excellent skills in presentation & communication
- Excel literate
- have led a BAA or AB level
This global business also offer an autonomous working conditions, 25 day holidays, competitive pension contributions. This role will be best suited to someone who is open to contract positions or immediately available. If you wish would feel you are the right level of experience for this position, CV quoting the reference Q104098.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77728927