Global Category Manager
About the role
We are recruiting for an experienced Procurement Category Managers to join an expanding retailer and progressive procurement team based in Manchester.
As a successful candidate you will manage the Beers, Wines & Spirits category in both defining and driving forward procurement strategies for the category.
You will lead and manage the full procurement lifecycle from mapping and planning category strategies, through initiating and managing suppliers and costs to meet business requirements and negotiating with suppliers to deliver best value and minimise risk. This includes analysing external markets and trends to aid global category planning.
As the successful candidate you will have;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering value, beyond cost savings and driving continuous improvement within a Procurement function.
- Experience of managing multi million pound annual spends (essential)
- Experience within a commercial procurement function, including delivering improvements in SRM
- Experience of developing procurement process, procedure and teams
- A degree level qualification (desirable)
- A professional CIPS qualification (desirable)
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills
BPM Supply Chain would like to talk to you if you match the above requirements. Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will retain your details and consider you for other, similar roles.
BPM Supply Chain are acting as a Recruitment Agency in the recruitment of this post. Your details will be held in strictest confidence and in compliance with GDPR legislation.