Software Engineering Manager - Life Science Technology
A superbly funded and really exciting new Oxford based diagnostics technology spin-out is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of highly experienced and skilled software developers delivering complex software product development projects using predominantly C# .NET. Previous experience of a similar role is essential and candidates should have experience working in similar multi-disciplinary fields (i.e. software for scientific or medical instrumentation) Experience of technology transfer and new product development will be an advantage.
Responsibilities of Software Engineering Manager
* Continuously review department capacity/demand and make resource adjustments as needed.
* Daily check-in with software engineering team to help remove obstacles.
* Resolve organizational issues to facilitate effective use of engineering time.
* Facilitate information sharing and co-ordination of software development activity across multi-disciplinary project teams
* Develop and implement company policies and standards.
* Develop, track and report on department KPI's.
* Direct and coach software engineers.
* Recruitment and retention of software team members
* Manage employee performance; conduct performance and employee benefit reviews.
* Develop processes/procedures/tools to increase department efficiency
* Provide estimates and feasibility analysis to Sales.
* Manage forecasted and actual spend for department.
Required Skills & Experience of Software Engineering Manager
* Educated to degree level at a leading university in scientific subject
* At least 5 years' experience working in a software development role
* At least 2 years' experience in a management role
* Experience in mentoring, coaching and assisting staff with personal development plans
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team
* Able to deliver to deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Experience in development of software products for scientific or medical instrumentation
* Experience developing software to meet Quality Standards within a regulated environment, preferably for medical devices
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies
* Experience with version control software
* Experience with test driven development methodologies
* Experience in software and system testing, including automated tests
Location: Oxford (commutable from Reading, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Swindon, Banbury)
Salary: £45k - £75k + Car Allowance + on target bonus + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77761813