Functional Safety Project Engineer
Our Client, a global automotive OEM based in Leicestershire are currently seeking a Functional Safety Project Engineer to join their Electrical Design team to help ensure electrical systems are developed to stringent standards and meet or exceed the requirements of ISO 26262.
This is a new role within our Client's Design department and will present an exciting challenge for the successful applicant, allowing the opportunity to create new procedures and help define the shape of our Client's future functional safety activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle. Application areas include but are not limited to Engine management systems, Chassis systems such as ABS, Electronic suspension & body control modules, HMI systems and cyber security.
- Create and maintain formal documents, including safety cases.
- Develop best practice working procedures to support functional safety activities.
Essential skill requirements:
- A detailed understanding of ISO 26262 edition 2 and based on this, the ability to lead the implementation within Triumph.
- Ability to generate formal documentation to a high professional standard.
- Ability to conduct and review Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
- Previous experience in a functional safety role working in accordance with a relevant international standard (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508).
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering / Science based subject.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Previous experience in the definition of hardware and software (ECU) high-level architectures for safety-critical applications.
- Previous experience in an automotive environment.
- Chartership and or evidence of ISO26262 certification and training.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959583213