Buyer - Health & Beauty
As a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Their reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and our impressive client list includes Google, Michelin, Estée Lauder, Exxon Mobil, L’Oreal and JCB to name a few. With annual sales approaching £100 million, they are a global business with an appetite for growth. Due to their ongoing growth, they now have an exciting opening for a Buyer to join their Health and Beauty team based in London.
As Buyer, you will:
- Be part of the team who are responsible for buying and sourcing a diverse portfolio of products including bags, packaging, accessories and gift products.
- Be a motivational leader that can manage and mentor a buying team working on a range of beauty clients.
- Work with the in-house design and sales teams on product ideas and concepts.
- Assist with idea generation and preparation of client presentations.
- Manage a core supply base in Europe and the Far East whilst bringing on new supply routes
- Negotiate costings and ensuring projects are delivered within budget.
- Produce critical paths, manage the supply base to ensure key dates within the critical path are met
- Write detailed product specifications and purchase orders
- Liaise with all departments to ensure projects are delivered to schedule.
- Defining quality requirements and managing the quality control process
- Work closely with the UK & Far East operations team to ensure accurate and timely deliveries
- Experience in buying and sourcing a diverse portfolio of products.
- Graduate calibre or higher education
- A can-do attitude and willingness to tackle a diverse array of tasks.
- 3-4 year’s previous buying experience within the beauty and gifting sector would be an advantage.
- A keen interest in consumer/ promotional products and an interest in quality assurance, ethical sourcing from manufacturers in UK, EU, Turkey and Far East.
- Commercially aware.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- To be a real team player, with personality, empathy and the drive to succeed, with exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail is crucial for this role.
- A very competitive salary plus bonus structure, Pension, Sickness Benefit and Life Assurance.
- The opportunity to develop a long term career as opposed to a job.
- A great place to work, in a modern, team focussed, forward thinking creative work environment.
- Flexible working hours to support a healthy work life balance.
- Opportunity for International travel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77749215