6-12 Month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time (option to flex hours ? up to 37.5 hrs per week)
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Windows Team Leader in our Infrastructure Services team.
A global ICT Services group consisting of several brands in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America with an extensive history that extends over 125 years. It has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise, SMB and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
We offer a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to 90 countries. This is ranked number 3 globally according to Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
Our client supports its employees to become experts in their field through development by an in house University and an internal recruitment program.
The Payroll Specialist is a standalone role, reporting into the HR Manager, and is a pivotal function of the HR Department. The activities the Payroll Specialist will manage include payroll, expenses and overtime. We are currently seeking an interim Payroll Specialist to manage and review our current payroll processes which may include the transfer of our current payroll provider.
Working as the Payroll Specialist, you will provide all necessary support for the 3rd party payroll provider, create policies and procedures, advise on tax and pay laws, analyse & report on financial data and manage 3rd party provider and systems. You will assist HR with running employee benefit / pension schemes.
You will have a good knowledge of payroll practices and laws, as you will perform a broad range of duties to ensure the accuracy of payroll calculations and data provided to the 3rd party payroll provider.
You will maintain & provide information to employees as second line support for specific payroll functions not dealt with by our 3rd party provider. You will complete the templates of benefits in kind to facilitate 3rd party payroll provider producing and distributing P11d to employees. You role will also include maintaining control templates to enable the reconciliation of final payroll submission from 3rd party payroll provider and sign off final payroll within the defined timetable
For this role the ideal candidate will have proven experience in payroll completing the payroll cycle from start to finish including the following duties:
- Experience of transferring payroll providers (essential).
- Processing uploaded templates for all aspects of monthly payroll for 3rd party provider.
- Perform manual payroll calculations for starters and leavers, including compromise agreements.
- Validate and sign off the monthly payroll, review monthly Revenue payments, Year-end submissions and P11d returns and payments.
- Responsible for the sign off of processing overtime on a weekly basis from AWFS by Payroll Administrator.
- Processing of confidential payroll data, salary increases bonuses etc., when requested and populating on the relevant templates for 3rd party payroll provider.
- Checking weekly reports from HR admin of data processed for Starters, leavers and any other permanent information.
- Manual payments processed on an ad hoc basis.
- Liaising with Payroll ADP and HR admin on a weekly basis to resolve any issues or queries
- Successful sign off of submission of Tax Year End and P11d?s within HMRC timelines.
- Monthly PAYE & NICs reconciliation for payments of accounts.
- Producing monthly journals for the Accounts Team.
- Working with 3rd party?s to manage payments to all international employees on secondment in the UK.
- Analysing employee?s tax bandings to ensure they hold the correct levels for TMC & CCV, quarterly process.
- Administering PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement) with submission of reports and payments within HMRC timeline.
- Insuring HR system SAP is kept up to date by running monthly payroll and liaising with the offshore team.
- Pension reports reconciled monthly and submitted to providers plus annual audit.
- Online payslip system maintained and assist employees with queries
- Completion of forms from various government bodies, CSA, Inland Revenue etc.
- Processing Ireland Payroll and insure all legislation up to date and adhered to (2 employees only)
- Support changes in respect to payroll/expense travel privilege changes
- Experience of using ADP would be an advantage
- Good understanding of P11d requirements and a working knowledge of the Revenue requirements and timelines
- Experience in running tax year ends in order to be able to approve the 3rd Party reports and submit within the Revenue timelines
- Excellent excel skills
- Self-motivated and hard working with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deliverables, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good numerical & IT skills, as well as good spoken & written communication skills
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines
- A level of diplomacy and discretion is required within the role, as well as honesty and respect for confidential information
Desirable Qualification/Certification requirements
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) NVQ Level 3 in Payroll Administration
- CIPP certificates, Income Tax & NI, Statutory Payments & Payroll Essentials
Salary will be pro-rata, up to £31,000
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959583263