Role: Automation/Controls Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience
Shifts: Day shift
Do you want to work with a progressive and forward thinking company who are at the forefront of their market? Search Consultancy current has an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer in the Leeds area.
Our client has been established for over 150 years, and a leading manufacturing and supplier of components. Innovation is at the heart of what they do, their continuous investment in technology and processes allow them to become the most vertically integrated manufacturer in their sector. They not only manufacture components and products, but they have a team of dedicated engineers who design and build machinery on site.
They have recently invested in a number of state-of-the-art machines, and currently have a dedicated in-house laboratory to ensure the quality of all components and products.
You will be responsible for modifying and developing existing and new machinery, to allow the company to stay at the forefront of their industry. There are 2 parts of the business where you could potentially work - this will be decided based on your skills, experience and aspirations within a position however the base duties are below:
* Writing of programmes on Allen Bradley PLC's
* Modification of existing programmes
* Development of machinery
Due to our client having such an open mind in terms of the person they recruit, the following requirements are necessary to be considered for this position.
* Electrical apprenticeship
* Further qualifications such as HNC/HND within Electrical Engineering
* At least 2 years' stable experience of programming within a production environment
* Ability to think outside of the box, and react under pressure
* Programming certifications
* You will need the ability to call upon past projects and work, and give examples of your knowledge and skillsets
* PLC experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron etc.)
This position is a permanent role, working on a days shift. Salary is dependent on experience, however it is very competitive. If you would be interested in submitting your details for this position, please apply through this website, or send your CV to Josh.Bridges@search.co.uk.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.