Leading the way in the provision of professional HR services to large corporate clients, AdviserPlus is a growing, vibrant company in Bromborough, Wirral. We serve a large range of FTSE100 companies and seek enthusiastic, flexible and motivated professional people.
As we invest in revamping our business systems and broaden our product range, we are looking for a Database Administrator to ensure the integrity of data in live IT systems is preserved at all costs and that database performance does not negatively affect user experience. Much time is spent monitoring the live service, performing day to day housekeeping and undertaking periodic tests and system checks.
Within the Business Systems team, you will be an expert in the database management system, able to coach colleagues in best practice and assure releases of software. The Database Administrator will also provide 2nd line support to internal customers, resolve allocated Service Desk Requests (SDRs) and work closely with our team of business analysts, developers and testers as well as liaising with third party software providers when necessary.
- Identifying issues that need resolution
- Managing SQL Server agent jobs
- Backing up databases and testing the backups
- Managing database security
- Tuning live databases
- Maintaining an audit trail of changes applied to live service configuration
- Automating repetitive tasks
- Implementing fully automated “self-service” solutions
- Reviewing new architectures / designs
- Updating models (if required) in a timely fashion
- Designing databases and database changes for software releases
- Optimising developed SQL for performance
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of SQL Server implementations
- Database design
- Database Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- MS SQL Server
- System Monitoring Tools
- Time Management
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Preparedness to work in both sites and, from time to time, stay overnight.
AdviserPlus is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
AdviserPlus is a Disability Confident Leader employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. If disabled applicants meet the minimum criteria for the job, they can request and will be offered a guaranteed interview. Should applicants require reasonable adjustment support for the interview, please contact the Resourcing Team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77717584