Senior Reliability & Failure Analysis Engineer
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
Job Context:Working as part of the Validation team, this role is responsible for defining and executing reliability test plan and failure analysis activity for optoelectronic device. It also involves improving optoelectronic device reliability through identification and elimination of device failure modes.
- Defining and executing reliability test plan to support device design and fabrication process development.
- Defining and executing failure analysis activity for optoelectronic device.
- Managing production validation, Destructive Physical Analysis and Failure Analysis process
- Managing the maintenance activity of reliability equipment.
- Identifying and developing new failure analysis methods applying to optoelectronic devices, internally and externally.
- Managing assigned tasks and deliver them to agreed cost and time budgets.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in areas of expertise and using the knowledge to promote continuous improvement in device development.
- Liaising with failure analysis and reliability colleagues of other our client O-E departments.
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the Validation Manager.
- Experience in III-V semiconductor Opto-electronic device reliability test and/or failure analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of reliability engineering principles and methods.
- In-depth knowledge of failure analysis principles and methods.
- Experience of failure analysis in other semiconductor industry sectors, and demonstrable experience of data analysis.
- ISO 9001 or equivalent Quality Management System, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of fabricating process of III-V semiconductor Opto-electronic device, particularly the aspects associating with device reliability.
- Willingness to travel as required on occasion.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- High degreed educated or studying subject in a relevant semiconductor/material or device design topic.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business.
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77714617