Learning & Development (L&D) Consultant
The Learning & Development Consultant will work directly with the L&D Director and our members to drive forward the creation and delivery of a future focused L&D programme for the MAA and the wider marketing industry. They will strive to create and develop ground breaking and relevant content, working with industry leaders on the issues that affect the industry and planning and facilitating interventions. This is an excellent opportunity to shape, develop, create, deliver and measure a forward thinking, engaging and point of need programme from scratch in order to promote the MAA Learning & Development to best in class.
You will have direct access to thought leaders and senior management in a variety of marketing and communication agencies and will work to understand requirements and needs, build training needs analysis, and develop relevant content based on the latest developments and models in Learning & Development and neuroscience. You will be independently responsible for your programmes, managing time lines, meetings and SME time and budget and reporting back to the L&D Director.
The MAA works flexible working hours with a start time between 8am - 10am and finish time between 4pm - 6pm to complete 37 hours a week.
Please note that the MAA will not be able to offer support with visas.
- Work directly with the L&D Director to design and create the L&D model for the programme based on member feedback and requirements.
- Facilitate your content to delegates from across the marketing industry.
- Liaise directly with senior SMES from across the marketing industries to collate ideas and requirements.
- Identify learning needs through TNA analysis with our marketing agencies.
- Design, create and facilitate behavioural and technical training for an external programme.
- Manage budget, location requirements and delegate information.
- Collate feedback, provide analysis and update materials.
- Great stakeholder management, both internally and with senior members of agencies across marketing agencies.
- Experience in the full L&D lifecycle from gathering needs and requirements, through creation and delivery and evaluation and review.
- Experience writing cohesive L&D programmes based around the 70:20:10 model.
- Knowledge and understanding of developments in neuroscience, behaviour science, how we learn.
- Keen to drive the L&D industry forward whilst keeping abreast of the latest industry developments and theory.
- Able to work independently after direction.
- Knowledge of behaviour models in leadership and management as well as standard behaviour models and tools in delegation, prioritisation, managing difficult conversations, negotiation, personal development etc.
- Basic understanding of employee engagement, wellbeing and change theories and methodologies.
- Good foundation knowledge of writing L&D programmes at a strategic level to answer business needs and align to business plans.
- Good commercial understanding of training costs and fees and good budget and administration management.
Nice to have
- Qualification in a psychometric tool such as DISC or Myers-Briggs or team assessment tools such as the SDI.
- CIPD HR or L&D Experience Assessment certification.
- A background in marketing academies client side or marketing agencies.
Please note: The duties contained within this job description are not exhaustive a flexible, proactive, positive approach to work is required.