Employment Relations Advisor
The Leading Professional Organisation and Trade Union for Midwifery
We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join the RCM team:
Post: Employment Relations Advisor
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; Permanent
Location: London- nearest tube station is Oxford Circus
Salary: £42,777 (inclusive of London Weighting) rising each year
The Royal College of Midwives is offering an opportunity to a high performing and collaborative Employment Relations professional to join our RCM team.
You will be responsible for providing evidence based clear and consistent advice and support in all forms throughout the RCM as our employment relations specialist. You will be providing analytical support to a range of RCM strategies, publications, products and policies and will liaise closely with relevant stakeholders representing the RCM on relevant committees, forums and working parties, both internally and externally.
Some of the key aspects of your role will include:
- Representing the RCM on employment relations matters in appropriate external and internal forums.
- Liaising with the TUC and supporting the RCM’s role in the TUC.
- Writing the RCM’s evidence to the NHS Pay Review Body and contributing to the joint staff side evidence.
- Undertaking research, drafting speeches, writing reports, responses and briefings for dissemination both internally and externally.
- Managing projects on behalf of the RCM which have an employment relations focus.
- Identifying, developing and producing appropriate employment relations guidance, information and publications for dissemination both internally and externally.
- To develop the influence of the RCM on equality and diversity in relation to midwifery, RCM members and the services in which they work.
If you have the skills we are looking for and this opportunity sounds like your next exciting role, please check out the Job Description and get in touch.
The RCM’s reward package includes:
- 29 days annual leave + 3 days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays;
- a 2018 Health and Wellbeing Allowance;
- an attractive pension scheme and tailored development opportunities;
- an Employee Assistance Program with discounts on everyday purchases.
About the RCM:
The RCM is the only professional organisation and trade union dedicated to serving midwifery and the whole midwifery team. We provide workplace advice and support, professional and clinical guidance and information, and learning opportunities with our broad range of events, conferences and online resources.
Please send us a copy of your CV for more information.
Closing Date: Monday 11 December 2017
Interview & Assessment Date: Tuesday 19 December 2017 in London
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.