Java Software Developer
Java Software Developer
Our client is a software house looking to recruit a senior Java software developer to join their UK development team. The role will involve the development, maintenance and support of their product suite. You should be passionate about software development, consider yourself an expert in your field and be able to quickly pick up new technologies with a desire to push boundaries. This role will give you the platform to advance your career and grow in a global company.
- ? Work in an agile development team focused on continuous delivery of software in a highly collaborative environment, contributing to the delivery of high-quality solutions to customers
- ? Design and develop innovative software solutions, following industry standards, the software development life-cycle and ensuring ensure tasks are met with the highest quality
- ? Collaborate with your peers and mentor junior team members as necessary to improve knowledge, infrastructure, methodologies and skill levels across the team
- ? Understand the challenges and opportunities facing the business and show initiative when finding solutions to problems
- ? A degree in Computer Science, Maths, Science, Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years’ industry experience
o Desirable skills
? Jira, GIT, MVC Frameworks - AngularJS/React, Geographic Information Systems, Groovy, Gradle, Flex/ActionScript, C#, JNI, C/C++, SQL and .Net
? Good knowledge of current development methodologies ideally including Agile / Scrum
? Confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team
? Able to collaborate internally and externally with suppliers, partners and customers
? Able to meet deadlines without compromising quality or functionality
? You will be personable, with a clear and genuine interest in technological trends and will need a sense of humour.
Working hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility. Holiday entitlement starts at 20 days per annum plus bank holidays increasing by 1 day each year of service to a maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays. We offer a 6% employer pension contribution with a 4% employee contribution or automatic enrolment. We also offer childcare vouchers and are enrolled with Perkbox.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77692139