One of the world's leading universities is looking for a Database Assistant to join them on a 6-month fixed term contract. You will be responsible for assisting with the management of Raiser's Edge, as well as for implementing initiatives to maintain and enhance the quality of this data.
- Undertaking the preparation of data for importing to Raiser's Edge
- Manipulating large datasets and ensuring data is stored in a suitable format for importing
- Importing large and complex data sets into Raiser's Edge including monthly new alumni reports, including biographical information, contact details and education history
- Implementing data cleaning processes to maintain the quality of data stored
- Monitoring data quality standards within Raiser's Edge and identifying areas on the database which are in need of attention, evidenced by missing or incomplete data, incorrect values and duplicate records
- Resolving issues with Raiser's Edge independently and providing advice on routine matters relating to the database to ensure a good level of service is provided for users
- Liaising with the database coordinator regarding more complex issues
- Managing the database configuration, including code tables, use of fields and attributes
- Assisting with coordinating training sessions for database users across the college
- Acting as an ambassador throughout the college to promote the effective use of data held by the advancement division
- Promoting good data practices and seeking opportunities to improve the utility or quality of the advancement Division's data.
- Identifying and recommending enhancements for how data is stored in the Raiser's Edge and therefore how it is used, as well as processes for how data is captured and updated
- Staying abreast of developments to Raiser's Edge and best practice for its use through attendance at training sessions and user groups and suggesting new ideas as appropriate
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of using Raiser's Edge
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
If you feel that you fit the above criteria then please apply today by submitting your CV to us. Please note due to the high volume of applications that we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77690035