The Finance Analyst is responsible for providing financial support to the London HQ (LHQ) departments. Key responsibilities include preparing departmental budgets and analysis, monthly actuals reporting and analysis, running allocations and assisting with ad-hoc analysis. Ensuring a strong internal control environment is maintained at all times.
LHQ & Headcount
Assisting the Finance Manager:
- Working with departments to manage their opex, capex and cash budgets and provide day-to-day financial support.
- Preparation of quarterly financial forecasts (Estimates) and annual budgets. Including reporting & analysis across LHQ departments.
- Ongoing risk & opportunity assessments in relation to P&L, cash flow and balance sheet across LHQ departments.
- Co-ordination and communication Music Rights allocations and Occupancy recharges to the regions and responding to their queries.
- Close liaison with transactional processing team (GBS, Budapest) and provision of local assistance to key stakeholders where required.
- Adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Assisting with preparation of Consolidated HQ reporting across London and New York.
- Assisting with preparation of Strategic Services reporting across Viacom International.
- Maintain strong internal control environment.
- Any other duties e.g. ad hoc projects and analysis as directed by FP&A management.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as necessary.
- Qualified by experience/part qualified Accountant
- Proven and relevant work experience in a large organisation
- Experience working with a general ledger and financial reporting systems (preferably multi-currency)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organised with strength in prioritising
- Flexible attitude to achieve results
- Positive outlook and ambition to progress within
- Driven by a challenge