Product Developer - Maternity cover
We are looking for a Product Developer (Maternity cover) to join our dedicated Production team. This is an excellent opportunity for an organised individual to work across the Baukjen womenswear brand and the Isabella Oliver Maternity wear brand to coordinate and develop our ranges each season. You will be working within a small fast paced team as well as working closely with the wider business. You will be involved in all stages of the development process supporting and reporting to the Head of Production & Development.
- Working closely with Design to coordinate and develop each season range (Baukjen and Isabella Oliver) from Design to Photo samples
- Sourcing and developing both ranges (Baukjen and Isabella Oliver) -ensuring the on-time delivery of fabric and trims
- Track the lab dipping progress with each supplier to ensure no delays to sampling and production, notifying the Head of Production & Development of any issues
- Sample Management with manufacturers and managing in-house samplingLiaising with the Garment tech to prioritise fitting samples to ensure on time delivery for production
- Collate samples and information and documents for all milestone meetings – including edit meeting
- Ordering and allocation of trims and fabrics from the mills for sampling and bulk
- Coordinating quality control of all bulk material
- Responsible for pre-production and production samples
- Communicating daily with the factories
- iaising with shipping and manufacturers to ensure on time arrival
- Ability to create and help maintain critical path
- Creating the WIP – our in-house document which holds all the styles for the new season, including fabric, factory information, composition and tracks the development stage for each style.
- Working alongside the production department, assisting in general day-to-day administration of the department
- Assist the Head of Production & Development with any ad hoc admin duties
Experience and Technical Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Product Development role
- Basic knowledge of fabrics
- Understanding of Critical paths and option counts
- PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook expertise
The Ideal CandidateExperience within the Fashion industry is essentialKnowledge and understanding of Microsoft ExcelExcellent communication and organisational skillsHardworking with a flexible attitudeWell organised and able to work towards tight deadlinesExcellent attention to detailComfortable working closing with Design, Wholesale and Customer ServiceTeam player, can assist others where needed
Remuneration and employment terms·Salary: on application·Hours: 8:45 am – 5:30 pm ·Location: Kentish Town, London, NW5 2QE ·Benefits: Generous staff discount and allowance, free breakfast, snacks and drinks.·Holiday allowance: 20 days per annum·Must be eligible to work in the UK
Isabella Oliver Ltd is an award-winning British fashion company. The company's womenswear brand Baukjen and premium maternity brand Isabella Oliver are globally respected by its customers, the celebrity A-list and the fashion industry.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77714692