Nursery Practitioner Level 2 or 3 - Skipton (BD23)
Permanent Full Time Position
Situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Wharfedale, our outstanding nursery setting is looking for a Level 2 or 3 qualified practitioner with a good sound knowledge of working with young children and either experience with Montessori or a passion to learn.
Looking for a special, bubbly, and energetic practitioner who is willing to put in that extra attention to detail and their own initiative into their work. In return there are many opportunities for progression and the chance to be part of a happy, small, and friendly team.
The position is 5 days a week with opportunity to work with both babies and pre-schoolers
Job responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with feeding children
* Undertaking key-worker trackers
* Individual learning plans
* Planning appropriately for children using the EYFS framework
* Observing, supporting, and extending children's learning
* Maintaining accurate and effective children's records
* Working in partnership with parents/carers
* Following and understanding Safeguarding Procedures and ensuring that children are kept safe.
* Participate and part-take in training available and in-house training.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
* Hold a Level 2 or higher qualification in childcare (NVQ or equivalent)
* Have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as well as the OFSTED standards.
* Have previous experience working within a key worker system, carrying out observations, planning and assessments, tracking the children's progress and contributing to their individual 'learning journals'.
* Have a good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
* Hold a current and up to date DBS.
* Have excellent communication skills
* Good understanding of risk assessment and also helping to keep the environment and equipment spotlessly clean.
* must have own transport.
Only those dedicated to providing the highest level of care and education to children need apply.
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one-off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321 and ref AC1579 and ask for Lucy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77778506