Senior Cyber Forensic Incident Response Consultant
3B Data Security is one of only a handful of globally approved PCI SSC PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) companies and also a PCI SSC Qualified Security Assessor Company (QSAC). We are a leading specialist in providing digital forensics, incident response and data breach management services to all types of public and private sector organisations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Cyber Forensic and Incident Response Consultant to join our rapidly growing team. This is a role for an experienced consultant who can work with minimum supervision, is at ease working with customers and is committed to solving problems, responding to incidents quickly and reacting at short notice to the needs of the situation.
Due to our extensive customer base we are exposed to a wide range of interesting and unique hacking investigations and therefore, there is an opportunity for the right person to expand their current knowledge and progress as the business grows. The role is varied and will encompass a variety of topics including, security consultancy, incident response, digital forensic investigations, PFI and corporate breach investigations as well as helping to develop software tools and processes.
- Leading and working on a wide range of incidents/investigations and managing engagements from first enquiry through to report completion with minimum supervision
- Liaising with prospective and current customers to input within the scoping, sales and business development process.
- Support, train and mentor junior staff, acting as point of escalation for complex enquiries and quality assurance.
- Help the unit and the business to evolve and grow, by inputting and developing new ideas, services, tools, methodologies and operating procedures.
- Proven experience of digital forensics, incident response and general information security consultancy.
- Experience of conducting forensic imaging and acquisition of computer and storage media both dead box and live, physically and remotely.
- Ability to write up investigation artefacts/evidence into forensic and incident response reports to a high-quality standard.
- Experience with various digital forensic toolsets, incident response tools, alternative forensic/IR tools and live response triage tools.
- Ability to communicate complex technical data to the lay person along with the ability to handle difficult conversations and bring them to an effective resolution.
- Prior knowledge, experience or strong interest in penetration testing, malware analysis, software development / programming, PCI-DSS QSA / PFI, cyber security training and consultancy is also advantageous.
- The role will also include onsite customer visits both in the UK and on occasions overseas, therefore the applicant must have their own transport and be willing to travel.
- Due to the nature of the business there will also be some out of hours work including evenings, weekends and overnight stays where required.
- Ability to pass relevant background and security vetting checks.
Salary and package will be dependent on previous experience, attitude and future potential, the role will be based predominantly from the office in South Cambridge and on client’s site.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, then please send your CV and a covering letter, demonstrating why you are the right candidate below
No Agencies Please