Information/Cyber Security Officer
My client is a prestigious award winning organisation, whose main focus is on delivering world class customer service to its customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join their growing business, who offer exceptional training in an outstanding professional environment.
The client is looking for an individual that has a keen interest in a career within Cyber Security, that is educated to degree level in a relevant subject, plus any experience within the field would be advantegeous. This a great chance to build a career in Cyber Security, ensuring the development and implementation of their information security programme and ongoing activities to preserve the availability, integrity and confidentiality of all resources in compliance with applicable security policies and standards and ensuring that information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
Role specific Competencies:
The main focus of the role is to support the front-line defence of networks, protecting information from unauthorised access and violations. Analysing and assessing potential security risks, developing plans to deal with such incidents by putting measures in place such as firewalls and encryption, monitoring and auditing systems for abnormal activity, and executing corrective actions. Preparation of technical reports and providing proposals.
- Communication with key internal members including supporting, reporting and notifying on the results of key Cyber Security threats vs the clients security defences
- Providing proposals on security improvements and corrective actions
- Compliance standards and maintaining accreditations
- Communication with third-parties including risk assesments, background checks and audits
- Providing incident support including responding, preparing evidence and analysing informations
- Providing technical advice and monitoring / protecting various channels / services (e.g. mobile devices and computer networks, internet services) recognising any suspicious activities.
- Penetration Testing Support, liasing with key parties i.e. web and software development team
Our client is looking for an individual with an inquisitive mind, eye for detail and aptitude for problem solving. In return you will be provided with training and experience of cyber security and cyber threat management in a modern, progressive and challenging environment. You will be enthusiastic and ambitious with a genuine interest in the area of cyber security and a willingness to succeed. You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, plus GCSE's (or equivilent) x5 A-C.
All candidates will need to produce certificates to evidence all qualifications on their CV, when applying for this vacancy please ensure your CV is full and up to date (in mm/yy format) plus in your cover letter please state your minimum salary for this vacancy.
Please note this role is working full time (37hours per week), permanent based in Taunton, Somerset. Competitive salary is on offer along with additional benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77794754