A beautiful 2 form entry Primary School is recruiting for an experienced SENCO to join a diverse team of on a full time basis.
SENCO - Wimbledon - SEN
- Full time tole
January 2018 Start
The school is based in the inner London borough of Merton, hosts of the Wimbledon grand slam tennis tournament. The borough of Merton has lots of open spaces and is well connected with its neighboring boroughs. This full time position will be contracted for the full academic year.
There is also a possibility that this role could lead to a generous offer of a permanent placement. This role will involve running a department looking after children with SEN needs such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, EAL and mild learning difficulties.
The school is spacious and modern with great facilities and has a great reputation within the community. Experience working as a SENCO is desired. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a fun team in a forward thinking school. If you would like to become an integral part of the Inclusion team this could be the ideal role for you.
About the Role
- Full Time
- 5 days a week (Monday - Friday)
- £38,000 - £45,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience and qualifications)
- Providing an outstanding SENCO service
- January 2018 start
- Potential to be offered a permanent contract
About the School
- 2 form entry primary school
- South West London Borough of Merton
- Closest station is Norbury
- Bright spacious reception area and classrooms with state of the art technology
- Good Behaviour
- Outstanding facilities
- Offers excellent CPD
- Easily accessible from many boroughs of London (situated within great transport links)
In order to be considered for this SENCO role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- National SENCO Award.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Strong behaviour and management skills.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- Good understanding of the national curriculum.
- School based references and valid DBS/police checks or be willing to get a new DBS/Police check in process
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- A patient but confident approach towards working with children and adults alike
Please apply with an up to date CV if you would like to be considered for this role
Do you hold UK QTS? Did you know that with Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period? Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Career Teachers are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.