SQL Reporting Analyst
SQL Reporting Analyst - 782
- Accountable for pulling out reports and running queries on databases for, serving as point of contact for reporting support for West Panel Managers for EMM and NOL Panels
- Responsible for implementing automation of database queries on the benefit of BAU panel requirements set by West Panel Managers.
- Accountable for maintaining support agents contact database from shift transfer, and set up tasks accordingly
- Responsible for assuring back end quality by identifying and escalating any risks to the business to App Dev, Tech Delivery or Engineering team.
- Update databases to fix any possible issues related to updates, and check: new installs, active counts non-installs and installs with no last active date.
Experience and skills:
Candidate should have a substantial experience working in a data science/data analysis role; proven experience of understanding, analyzing and presenting large and complex data and a high level of ability in applying and selecting appropriate analysis techniques.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server (2008 and above)
- Advanced T/SQL design & development skills
- Experience writing and maintaining SQL Stored Procedures and Functions
- ETL design and development using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (mainly SSIS)
- Experience analysing SQL execution plans and tuning T/SQL queries & indexes
- Exposure to and reasonable understanding of C# and VB.Net
- Experience analyzing database issues and determining solutions
- An understanding of release process and development, UAT and production environments
- ORACLE SQL and PL/SQ programming skills
- Knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience driving process changes
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders within Panel structure, Engineering and Tech Delivery
- Strong team-player and self-starter
- Willingness to challenge assumptions and a passion for finding and implementing creative solutions to problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to identify new opportunities outside of normal business practices
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content - video, audio, and text - is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Primary Location: Oxford,Oxfordshire
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77790369