UK Commercial Finance Analysis
Highly Commercial Finance Analysis Opportunity in High Wycombe, Bucks
Your new role
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager and responsible for the timely delivery of quality management information for commercial decision making and business support for the UK business unit. The role will be mainly focused on modelling opportunities and pricing for new and existing business tenders to help drive profitable revenue growth as well as being responsible for the delivery and consolidation of monthly results, variance analysis and reporting, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for the UK business unit.
- Business partnering support for UK Commercial Director and wider team.
- Review UK Sales reporting and prepare analysis, drilling into the drivers behind the results and providing meaningful commentary to variances at various levels by providing insight and understanding of the mechanics of the results and the commercial environment.
- Prepare and review the UK commercial elements of the monthly reporting packs prior to month close which will include ensuring appropriate journals are posted and variance analysis prepared.
- Prepare financial models to evaluate new and existing business tenders and new opportunities, advising if financially viable and highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Maintain and improve financial models, forecasting and budgeting. These should be developed to increase efficiency and understanding of results, providing analysis and understanding of the market drivers and trends.
- Support for Business Development opportunities and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Control and improve processes for accounting, accruals and approval of rebates.
- Business partner the UK Commercial team via support, analysis and challenge in their results, using knowledge of current performance to drive commercial decision making.
- Support and lead the forecasting and budgeting process to agreed timetable of deliverable by co-ordinating with the UK commercial team and providing analysis of the result including presentation preparation support for the UK Commercial Director.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality management information reports to UK Sales team to enable them to drive improved business performance, mitigating risks and exploiting opportunities.
- Aware of the wider employee responsibilities to do the right thing for the Company and our customers.
- Calculation of sales bonus including target setting and actual tracking ensuring they are constructed on a balanced basis and interaction with HR
What you'll need to succeed
Education / Professional Memberships
- 2 years experience in a commercial finance/analyst/business partner role.
- Recognised accounting qualification, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Specific Experience Preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills - lookups, pivots, scenario planning and experience using large excel files to model. (Macros an advantage).
- Good knowledge of MS Powerpoint and Word.
- Financial modelling for tenders.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life sciences sector (a bonus)
- Able to work cross-functionally to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77782509