Software Engineer/ Consultant
The business is looking for talented individuals to join a growing software team, developing analysis, modelling, data visualisation/processing and systems engineering related tools for a range of clients. The business also assesses client's software development processes and improve their current software.
Applying modern tools and approaches to complex problems, it is essential that developers have a strong understanding of the software development and engineering principles underpinning the work. This work spans a breadth of industries, a desire to be adaptable to these and to new tools and approaches is a must.
The role covers the whole software development lifecycle, from customer liaison and requirements capture to project delivery and support.
You will have a good degree or PhD in Engineering, Maths, Physics, Computer Science or other relevant subject.
You will have had experience of developing scientific codes using modern programming methodologies in languages such as C/C++, C#, JAVA and Fortran or undertaken analysis using relevant tools, for example R, Excel/VBA, Python or Matlab.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
You may have some experience in:
- The Transport, Defence, Power or Aerospace industries, or experience with specific data processing or modelling approaches.
- Working with contemporary development tools (for example TFS/Visual Studio, Jira, Jenkins or Github) and deployment into cloud or virtualised environments.
- Formulating tools which undertake data analytics or processing, with delivery through applications, apps or websites.
- Researching new engineering approaches and translated these into prototype or production tools, covering data processing, analysis or solvers.
- Architected software systems, applications or databases, with subsequent development and test planning under documented processes.
- Providing software management or have audited/reviewed software systems, with experience in safety critical industries being desirable.
Please note this is a permanent position
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77770664