Graduate IT Trainee / 1st Line
Graduate IT Trainee / 1st line, Oldham
You will be working as part of a small friendly team supporting a manufacturing business.
- Responding to helpdesk calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Answering phone calls, email, etc.
- Troubleshooting and setup of: Microsoft windows, Microsoft office (O365) and other applications, Mobiles, VPN, and other hardware and software.
- Completion of daily tasks and assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Escalating issues to colleagues and 3rd parties.
- Basic user administration (setting up users password resets etc.)
- Follow company policies and procedures (Health & Safety, Security etc).
- General administration tasks e.g. Updating records, Placing orders with suppliers, Updating documentation, Keeping workspace tidy etc
Essential Skills and qualities.
- Team player.
- Logical and methodical.
- Excellent verbal communication (on phone and in person)
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Ability to troubleshoot and support Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and basic hardware issues
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Some experience of commercial I.T. or an. I.T qualification.
- Desire to progress within an IT environment
- Experience of call logging and troubleshooting by phone using remote tools.
- Experience of troubleshooting in person.
- Experience of user administrative tasks such as password resets.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried do them.
- Knowledge of: Backup systems, Virtualisation, Networking principles, VPN, Mobile device administration and Antivirus
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:30am till 5pm and Friday 8:30am till 4:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Different hours can be agreed but it is a 39 hour a week role Monday to Friday and hours can be discussed at interview however Flexibility is essential.
Salary: £18k-£21k + Benefits e.g. 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays, Money purchase pension scheme, Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers, Free Parking
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: IT Support Engineer, IT Engineer, First Line Support, IT Systems, Information Technology, Graduate, Entry Level, Oldham, Greater Manchester, Lancashire
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77765986