Mobile Engineer (Electrical)
Our client is recognised as one of the leading Facilities, Energy, M&E Engineering and project management providers. With an impressive portfolio , due to continuous demands for their expertise, we are currently recruiting for a Mobile Engineer (Electrical Bias) to cover maintenance and reactive work on our four switch sites (Harlow, Marlow, Northampton and Newmarket). You will be required to multi-task on sites, being able to carry out general FM tasks as well as electrical maintenance. Knowledge of building maintenance and BMS/UPS systems would be an advantage. The role comes with a car, and call out rota participation is also mandatory.
General Responsibilities and Engineering Accountabilities
- To provide engineering task completion to both Equipment and Retail sites within region and support FM support teams, across the selected region within the UK portfolio.
- Support out-of-hours response in emergency situations and support engineering call out rota as and when necessary as part of role, and to implement any necessary escalation procedures to Senior Engineering Supervisor or manager as and when required.
- Site engineering representative ensuring all legal and statutory obligations are met.
- Ensure self-delivery of all possible tasks within region.
- To complete PPMs and reactive work orders within given timescales and with accurate information on both Technical and Retail estate.
- Ensure compliance with H&S inductions and the supervision of contractors working on systems under the jurisdiction of the client.
- Coordinate shut down of systems as and when required.
- Manage the consumables and critical spare parts stock levels for area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained economically, efficiently and safely according to best engineering practice and to prolong its operating life.
- Manage the effective use and upkeep of designated site documentation working in conjunction with nominated H&S representative ensuring all legal and statutory obligations are met.
- Act as Safety Champion for site raising concerns and ?Near Hits? on a weekly basis and auctioning resolve where possible.
- Utilise and maintain good accurate records of works completed on site.
- Technically qualified ? Electrical C&G Part 1 & 2, via a time-served apprenticeship.
- Preferable to have experience in LV and/or HV switching in a critical environment.
- Strong background in Building Services with an electrical/ mechanical bias.
- Minimum 2 years? experience
- Sound understanding of H&S, Environment, QA procedures, and experience of supervising and developing operational teams.
- Fully conversant with Electrical installation and current IEE regulations.
- Broad knowledge of computerized FM and maintenance management systems. (Desirable)
- Good level of IT skills ? MS office and associated technical software.
- Achieve the improvement in standards from Great to Brilliant.
- Good level of presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop solutions to new problems as they arise, including effective planning and ?win win? solutions.
- Owning and maintaining issues, demonstrating management skills and capabilities.
- An excellent team player with the ability to ?set the tone? for the team and drive all persons in a positive and proactive manner.
- Proactive, flexible and willing attitude.
- Team player.
- Understands client?s business and drivers.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Create, own and manage personal development plan.
- Maintain personal engineering knowledge in line with current standards and changing legislation.
- Conform to internal reporting procedures for timesheets, expenses, etc.
- Able to work within a matrix management environment developing a team approach with all specialist support staff and direct reports as well as being able to contribute to overall team objectives.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959605599