Financial Director Designate
About the Client
Our company are a leading boutique manufacturing business who are based in North London. They are now at the start of a five year plan to grow their business, currently projecting in excess of £20m t/o next year, and are offering a bright, driven and strategic finance professional the chance to play a key role in this period of growth ultimately leading to a position on the board.
The Finance Director designate will take full responsibility for and lead the small Finance function, ensuring all statutory requirements are met whilst taking overall responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy. This will include optimising the company's financial performance and strategic position, as well as providing support to the Payroll and Hr functions for the business.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Supporting the CEO in order to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.Contributing to the development and delivery of the company strategy across all areas of the business.Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers aimed at achieving growth of the company.Manage month-end, closing ledgers and ensuring / checking accuracy of data, balance sheet reconciliations, including maintaining schedules for prepayments.Detailed knowledge of and compliance with CIS regulatons.Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts (comprising full profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow), including variance reports and commentary.Managing key relationships with banks, legal representatives, auditors, and other external partners and advisors.Preparation and management of year-end statutory accounts and leading the audit processEnsuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met and that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.Managing the company's VAT reconciliations and returns.Managing and mentor four full time finance staff.Development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and develop the financial systems, processes and internal controls.Preparation of detailed budgets, financial forecasts and report variances.Management of auto-enrolment pensions and other staff benefit programs
The Successful Applicant
- Given the nature of this business, previous experience in a large to medium sized construction business is considered essential
- The ideal candidate for this Finance Director designate position will be both strategic and hands on in nature, and seeking a challenge where they can genuinely influence the growth of the business over the next 5 years.
- You will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- You must be commercially astute and have the interpersonal and influencing skills in order to operate at a strategic and operational level.
- Experience of delivering growth within an SME business with an understanding of supporting business units will be important.
- Experience of delivering commercial and financial analysis in order to aid strong decision making will be highly regarded.
- Experience of the development of financial, administration and IT systems to support the growth of an organisation will be essential.
- You will be comfortable leading a small finance function, being hands on, autonomous and also influencing at senior level.
- You will display positivity and drive with the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and values of the company.
This is an excellent and challenging opportunity for a commercially-astute Finance professional to really make a difference in a fast-growing business