Technical Operations Support
About the role
- This is a technical role working on a secure messaging platform, on new infrastructure with high availability across the dedicated NHS network, and using cutting edge technologies to provide integration and technical operations support for the NHS Production/Live environments.
- Working with a varied range of both internal and external stakeholders, our Technical Operations team provide a professional, efficient service and excellent end user technical support 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- The working pattern consists of 12 hour shifts (inclusive of breaks), 2 day shifts followed by 2 night shifts in a ‘4 shift on, 4 shift off’ pattern, including over weekends and bank holidays. A salary enhancement of 27% is paid for working shifts.
- The successful candidates will be joining Solution Assurance (SA), as part of the Environments Management Team (EMT), an established team within the Operations and Assurance Services Directorate where technical operations and clinical assurance come together.
You will have:
- Experience using a Service Management workflow tool.
- Experience of Services and Incident management processes.
- Proven ability to work consistently, methodically and reliably under pressure with attention to detail within tight timescales.
- Proven ability to work autonomously as well as an effective team member.
- Proven ability of taking responsibility for making decisions to move things forward.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and by word.
- HNC / NVQ level 4 or equivalent certificate in an ICT/IT related subject or equivalent experience.
- Ability to maintain specific specialised technical knowledge, provide detailed advice regarding their application and execute specialised tasks.
- Ability to diagnose technical issues, provide resolutions or workarounds for incidents and problems in an ICT environment.
- Basic knowledge of a Linux based operating system e.g. Ubuntu or CentOS.
- Basic understanding of the concept of messaging principles.
- Understanding of how to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
About the rewards
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of public sector benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options. Perhaps the most compelling reasons for joining us, however, are the scale, scope and high profile nature of the projects you’ll be working on, and the unprecedented opportunity for personal and professional development.