Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Looking for answers to impossible questions?
We are recruiting for a Statistical Consultant who is client focused, credible at a senior level and results driven. You’ll be responsible for helping clients to make better, data supported decisions through the application of a variety of modelling techniques that help us gain a deeper understanding of the market or society.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful team with the opportunity to combine academic experience and an entrepreneurial spirit using a mix of research methods and identifying potential new methodologies.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the Head of Analytics, you’ll be working with teams across Ipsos to provide methodology and technical appendix sections for proposals and be the technical guru for key pitches. You’ll be responsible for leading the advanced analytics on larger projects and helping to develop junior members of the team. You would work as a key part of project teams in delivering complex projects to a wider variety of clients – including meetings and presentations to explain technical work in easy-to-follow and client-friendly language
To be successful in this role, we would love to meet someone who:
- Is an independent thinker who wants to “understand what is going on” by exploring the data
- Has a scientific approach based on exploration, creating hypotheses and testing them
- Is confident as a presenter and inspiring trust
- Is able to explain complex ideas in lay terms
- Produces well-written proposals
- Works with client-facing teams in other part of the business “as if one of them”
- Supports overall project delivery rather than just their technical area of responsibility
- Has a degree in Maths, Statistics or related science (ideally a Masters or PhD)
- Has experience of applying academic skills in a project-based environment
- Has experience of using statistical analysis with surveys
- Has experience of Social Research in a leading UK agency, consultancy or client-side
This is a hands-on challenging role so what’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to make a real difference to government policy or to a client’s business strategy
- Join an innovative, international market leading organisation.
- Competitive salary
- Company contributed pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 after 5 years) plus one extra day for your birthday
- Life Insurance
A career at Ipsos MORI…
We are one of the world’s largest market research companies with offices in 88 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide.
Proudly, we are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by market researchers. We aim to be intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively. We are consistently engaged in a variety of complex and high-profile projects in nearly every major industry, and work with governments, institutions and the world's leading brands and businesses.
We have an unparalleled depth of technical and industry knowledge, as well as innovative qualitative and quantitative expertise. Each of our key research specialisms are recognised centres of excellence. The type of work we do is very varied, from qualitative research in one market to over 20 markets and quantitative research on a one-off basis in one market to large international continuous studies.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential.