Lead European IT Engineer
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Lead European IT Engineer
Full time, Permanent
Package: competitive salary + annual company bonus + 23 days holiday (increasing at 2 and 5 years) + enhanced maternity + onsite parking
Working: Monday to Friday
Location: Winnersh Triangle, Berkshire RG41 5TP
Advantage Smollan are looking for an experienced Lead European IT engineer with over 5 years' experience, which can lead the design, and implementation of IT infrastructure and security systems across Europe. Infrastructure is primarily built around Microsoft technologies and are also evaluating cloud platforms such as AZURE.
Working across Europe, this role reports in to the UK IT Director but will also work closely with the local IT teams, in particular UK IT Services manager and businesses to deliver solutions.
The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering infrastructure and security solutions that have demonstrated clear value, cost effectiveness, scalability and reliability.
You will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day liaison for all European IT operations, communicate with various department managers and staff to identify any areas where technology needs are not being met and/or service improvement opportunities exist.
- Respond to Tier 3 IT support requests from key European users. Effectively communicate key issues, changes in priorities and outages. Provide backup IT support for UK and Germany.
- Partner and/or assist various local teams in overseas IT projects (project manage where required), which may include installation of physical equipment within local country.
- Monitor, manage and improve SLAs/PKI's for cloud service provider
- Implementation, migration and management of Cloud based infrastructure.
- Ensure there are no single points of failure within the support of all systems.
- Ensure pro-active monitoring is in place for all systems/infrastructure.
- Ensure good documentation is in place for all European systems and infrastructure
You will have 5+ years of experience in:
- Managing a Microsoft based Infrastructure, with up to date, hands on experience capable of troubleshooting to the highest level
- Virtual server technology VMware and HyperV
- Managing and migrations to/from cloud based infrastructure and providers, AWS, Azure
- Managing/deploying multi-site infrastructure/Network/telecoms/Security environment
- Managing complex technical projects
- Good service attitude in combination with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Liaise with senior business management to handle expectations and able to persuade local teams on best practice approaches
In return we will offer you:
- Unique opportunity to build a European IT environment from scratch turning your ideas into reality
- Full training and ongoing support to enable you to fulfil your role to the best of your potential
- A fun working environment where performance and success are really rewarded
The Advantage Smollan Group is the first and only global provider of innovative outsourced sales and marketing solutions, allowing us to leverage best practices, capabilities, and technologies to offer highly effective and consistent international representation to clients.
Are you our next investment? Apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77781275