Specialist Computer Systems Ltd are a rapidly growing, independent provider of ICT services to the education sector. Acknowledged as experts in our field, we have been involved in the BSF and Academy programmes since 2006. SCS currently provide IT support services to local authorities in South Tyneside, Gateshead, and Durham County Council, as well as IT consulting and deployment across the UK.
Working mainly independently but also as part of a local team, you will need to be a hands-on-technician, with practical experience of maintenance of IT systems with a positive, proactive approach to your work. You will also be helping with managing and monitoring of E-safety systems, and development of IT solutions within schools.
In this role, you will be providing 2nd line support and guidance for end user related issues, to secondary schools in the South Tyneside, Gateshead and Durham area. Flexibility to travel to other areas of the North for infrequent, short periods. Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the successful applicant must be able to perform the following:
- Ensuring Services Desk calls are managed and closed in accordance to contract Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Troubleshooting and resolution of end user IT problems mainly in person, but also remotely or via telephone, e- mail, helpdesk, in a courteous and professional manner
- Basic end-user training and instruction to improve computer operation
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to have:
- A good understanding and history of supporting Windows 7/8/10
- Experience of Windows Server 2008/12/16, including a sound understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy Management, DHCP and DNS
- Experience of using and supporting Microsoft Office 2010/13/16
- A detailed knowledge of a wide range of hardware and peripherals
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of networking/LAN issues
- Self-motivation and able to manage your own workload
- A CRB/DBS issued in the last 3 years
- Essential to have a full UK driving license
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working in and supporting an educational environment.
- Experience using VMware Server
- Basic understanding of SCCM and MDT
- Some experience of Office 365
- Knowledge of Apple OSX and iOS
- Knowledge of Google for domains and Google management console
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959600050