BME Engagement and Support Workers (Employment and Mental Health)
EACH Counselling and Support (EACH), in partnership with Twining Enterprise, has been funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF), to deliver a Programme called Building Better Opportunities that will provide personalised employment support using the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model to support people with common mental health conditions across North West London.
We are looking for two post holders to be based at EACH Brent, Design Works, Park Parade, NW10 4HT and EACH Ealing, Vine House, Hanwell W7 3UG. We anticipate that one post holder will work across Harrow, Barnet, Brent and the post holder will cover Ealing, Hillingdon, Hounslow, and Hammersmith and Fulham. This is subject to change, depending on the need of the project. The service is available to residents in the boroughs above, and the Engagement and Support workers are expected to travel between these boroughs proactively.
The post holders’ main purpose includes:
- To provide effective delivery of the Building Better Opportunities (BBO) project across North West London
- To identify and engage Black Minority Ethnic (BME) residents with common mental health problems into the BBO project
- To build confidence, break down barriers and maintain engagement of clients through the programme
- To identify and engage BME employers within the boroughs of the project’s operations to provide employment opportunities for the clients
Key post requirements:
- Positive, person-centred personality and strong commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Experience of outreach and support to people with common mental health problems and/or supporting Black, Minority & Ethnic communities
- Experience of carrying out strong needs assessment and SMART support plans
- Fluency in a key community language is desirable – e.g. Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Somali, Farsi
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th December
Interviews: Wednesday 13th December
All Applicants must complete the application form, to be submitted by email. CVs will NOT be accepted.
EACH offer a 3 – 6% contributory pension scheme dependent on employee’s contributions and have a commitment to staff development and training. EACH is an Equal Opportunities Employer.