Plant Maintenance Engineer
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer, to take responsibility for all the engineering at their production plant at Stanlow, Ellesmere Port.
This company manufactures and processes mineral insulating oil which is intended for transformers and switchgear.
The Maintenance Engineer will be involved in all stages of manufacturing. In equipment development, they will work to incorporate efficient methods of maintaining new equipment or plant, and will be involved in the installation and commissioning process.
The Maintenance Engineer will work with other professionals to improve their production facility, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes
- A hands-on approach to plant maintenance work.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned maintenance work;
- Managing the company maintenance software database (so ICT skills are important)
- Diagnosing breakdown problems;
- Directing, instructing and supervising maintenance contractors;
- Managing contractor method statements, risk assessments & permits to work.
- Liaising with client departments;
- Arranging procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Monitoring maintenance costs;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- Manage engineering continuous Improvement projects;
The successful candidate will;
- Have a proven track record in Maintenance engineering, ideally having worked in a chemical or oil manufacturing industry
- Hold an HNC level engineering qualification or equivalent
- Be a self starter, able to put together a plan for the site and get on with the implementation
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise in line with business objectives
- Have some management experience working with contractors and direct reports
- Be enthusiastic and up for the challenges a busy manufacturing site will deliver
The salary is up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience plus an attractive employment package which includes an annual bonus of up to 10%, contributory pension scheme, a healthcare scheme and life assurance.