Operations Capability Assessor
Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is looking to recruit six new Operations Capability Assessors to join our team. Due to the nature of the role, the role will attract a 12.5% shift allowance for flexible working.
The roles are based in the South covering the South East/ East and South West as well as the Midlands and the North covering the North East and North West regions.
Your role will be to assess On Road Team Manager's operational capability, ensuring they are safe and competent to work on the strategic road network.
Day to day
- To assess On Road Team Managers operational capability to ensure they are safe and competent and are assuring the competence of their direct reports.
- To provide development support through coaching on assessment
- To provide constructive feedback on outcome of assessments, ensuring opportunities for improvement are clearly identified and communicated to individual and their Line Manager.
- Assist with the identification of high risk work activities through regular engagement with Incident Management Requirements team, supporting the CCF process
- Provide coaching support for Team Managers to enable completion of quality Operational Capability Observations.
- Support the management team to review Operational Capability Observation reports for quality and consistency
- Contribute to standardisation processes for Team Manager Assessments and Operational Capability Observation Process.
- Contribute to L&D Traffic Officer refresher training programme by identifying common development trends and areas which would benefit from additional training.
- Excellent knowledge of Traffic Officer Work Instructions and demonstrable experience of practical application of Work Instructions
- Excellent knowledge and practical application of DRA process
- Experience of assessing (identifying development needs) or coaching (addressing development needs)
- Experience of producing concise reports to analyse information and interpret data
- Good ICT skills including use of Word and Excel
- Has NVQ Level 3 Assessing in the Workplace or willing to work towards
- Previously worked as an On Road coach or Assessor
- Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision as well as take ownership and accountability for the quality of own work
- Ability to communicate effectively and adapt communication style to suit the needs of audience
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to maintain objectivity even in challenging circumstances
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77742131