Are you a financial all-rounder and ready to take on a dedicated role with greater responsibility and involvement? We supply Domiciliary and Live In Care services to clients an our fast growth combined with a team member retirement has led us to seek a credible Finance Officer to join our operational team.
Based at our office in Theale this role will call on you to closely support our Managing Director, and also liaise regularly with our external accountants and business advisors.
As our sole Financial Officer, the position will involve a mix of accounting activities, to include processing sales and purchase invoices, handling creditors and debtors, petty cash and banking, alongside financial reporting.
You'll have a great eye for detail with the ability to see beyond just the numbers.
You should also have excellent organizational skills and ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions.
- Keeping accurate records for all daily transactions
- Processing purchase and sales invoices in Xero
- Controlling accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Updating our internal systems
- Preparing monthly and annual financial reports
- Reconciling bank statements and all other Balance Sheet accounts
- Identifying and addressing account discrepancies
- Preparing and checking the payroll
- Assisting with cashflow control and forecasting, as well as budget preparation
- Reviewing and implementing financial policies
Ideally you'll have, or be studying towards a formal accounting qualification. With good numeracy and problem solving ability, you'll enjoy working to formal guidelines and procedures. Working with Microsoft Excel and our cloud based accounts system (Xero) you'll offer good hands-on experience with financial systems.
Offering excellent analytical and numerical skills, you'll enjoy being responsible for the finance function; be keen, enthusiastic, hard working and accurate, with a desire to learn more and not take everything at face value. Assisting our director by adopting an analytical approach to the work will allow us to look forward and ensure we are working to maximum efficiency.
In return for your hard work, we offer a friendly, supportive & fun working environment + a real interest in your career and studies.
Interviews are to be conducted very soon with a view to starting in early 2018, to accommodate a training and handover period during the early stages of employment.