Under the direction of the management team, to undertake the care and supervision of children attending the nursery.
- To be responsible for coordinating the needs of individual children as a key worker.
- To provide a stimulating and caring environment for children aged 3mths to 5 yrs.
- To positively promote and adhere nursery policies and procedures and codes of practice.
- To contribute to the successfully smooth running of the rooms.
Description of activities:
- To be responsible for safe and appropriate use of equipment associated with activities undertaken.
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance of furniture, furnishings equipment.
- As a key worker, to be responsible for coordinating a child and their carer’s individual needs.
- Responsible for monitoring the children’s development records, profiles, observations, settling dairy and they allocated their own thing (spare clothes peg, peg, placemat etc).
- Keep accurate and factual records for children.
- Can write coherent, concise reports.
- Liaise with other professionals in providing specialised programmes of care to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Use an imaginative approach to provide an environment to stimulate growth in physical, intellectual, linguistic, emotional and social development.
- Create a stimulating, caring, supporting environment both individually and in-group situations.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice as an integral part of your working environment.
- Can challenge discriminatory verbal remarks and behaviour.
- Encourage carer’s participation within the nursery and offer support and advice.
- Provide appropriate activities for children at a level and by a method appropriate to their age and requirements.
- Be familiar with the procedure of fire drills and to be responsible for the safety of the children.
- Carry out planning activities to contribute to the overall curriculum of the nursery.
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining a learning environment in which children’s all round development fostered and in which they can make progress.
- Create appropriate professional relationships with carers and other professionals.
- Seek to establish and maintain relationships within the local community.
- Participate in training when considered appropriate by managers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Work sensitively within the staff team, respecting differing views and individual working practice.
- Work as part of a team in what is, at times, a stressful setting.
- Participate in individual personal supervision.
- Successfully completing records on children and about the nursery.
- Ensuring your routines are followed and that you can be flexible when needed.
- To ensure effective communication between you and your team.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism always.
- To uphold your role as a key worker and the duties which you must follow as part of this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77750106